More process documentation from the headpiece.
I initially moulded these aluminum wires (bought at the Baumarkt, they’re intended for some type of construction… or something) to the head dummy I have at home. The muslin prototype was built on top of this structure.
Lasercutter experiments for the headpiece.
Leather looks really really nice when engraved in the laser cutter. We tested a few different laser strengths. Cutting, on the other hand, looked a bit weird in the light-coloured suedes we tested as it left some burnt marks, but that might be due to the texture of the material. Maybe other types of leather might take the cutting a bit better. The black suede was the one that fared best in the cutting, as the marks weren’t visible. The engraving, though, gave much better results in the pink and blue (not pictured) suedes.
We also tried to cut the muslin pleats, but it didn’t really work out and it actually started to burn… ooops.